Hello, awesome moms out there! I bet most of you, moms, already know the importance of breastfeeding for the first months of your infant’s life. Breastfeeding helps to build the baby’s immune system, provide critical nutrients and promotes the development. Breastfeeding is the closest bond a share with their newborn baby.
Healthy For Moms And The Baby
While breastfeeding, a mom requires having the right diet so that the milk which the baby gets if full of the good nutrients. Once the baby enters the world where it’s going to grow up in, it depends on the mom’s milk for all the nourishment. A lot of new moms are wondering how breastfeeding will affect their diet. Therefore, here are healthy diet tips for breastfeeding moms:
- Eat well-balanced meals – Your body is working to make breast milk for your baby. To help fuel your breast milk production, continuously focus on making healthy decisions. Go for high-protein foods; meat, eggs, dairy products, lean meat, beans, seafood, and lentils.
- No alcohol drinks – Alcohol is highly not advised. Switch to the healthier fluid to stay hydrated; water, lime juices, fresh fruit juices, tender coconut, and lassi.
- Moms are advised to continue the supplements of calcium and iron in the postpartum period for up to 3 months.
- Garlic can easily be found in the vegetable section of everyone’s fridge. Adding garlic to your food is not only increasing the tastiness of your meal but also increases the production of milk.
- Carrots contain beta-cartoon, which is good for lactating moms – Breastfeeding moms have the opportunity to carry out carrots in you. Let’s grab your carrots off of the fridge.
A healthy balanced diet is important to ensure the moms get extra 500 kcal from high-nutrients sources and they are not empty calories. It also healthy for the baby. Have a good day, moms!